MPPT 1210 HUS - Battery & USB Charger
Tested prototype, evaluation boards available.
This charge controller is based on the 20A MPPT, but has reduced number of components and cheaper DC/DC power stage for 10A.
The power is sufficient for small 12V applications with up to 150 W solar panels.
With the integrated dual USB output you can directly charge your mobile phone or power other devices such as Raspberry Pi.
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- 12V nominal battery voltage
- 10A max. charging current
- 40V max. solar input (36 to 48-cell panels, ideally so-called 12V panels with 36 cells)
- Ultra low-power 32bit ARM MCU (STM32L072)
- Dual USB charging ports
- Expandable via Olimex Universal Extension Connector (UEXT) featuring I2C, Serial and SPI interface (e.g. used for display, WIFI communication, etc.)
- Built-in protection:
- PV short circuit
- PV reverse polarity
- Battery reverse polarity (destructive, fuse is blown)
The charge controller is under active development and you are welcome to participate.
Visit the GitHub pageopen in new window for schematics and board layout.