Tested prototype, only minor issues left.
This charge controller is based on the 20A MPPT, but has reduced number of components and cheaper DC/DC power stage for 10A.
The power is sufficient for small 12V applications with up to 150 W solar panels.
With the integrated dual USB output you can directly charge your mobile phone or power other devices such as Raspberry Pi.
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- 12V battery output
- 10A peak charging current
- 55V max PV input
- Ultra low-power 32bit ARM MCU (STM32L072)
- Dual USB charging ports
- Expandable via Olimex Universal Extension Connector (UEXT) featuring I2C, Serial and SPI interface (e.g. used for display, WIFI communication, etc.)
- Built-in protection:
- PV short circuit
- PV reverse polarity (for max. module open circuit voltage of around 40V)
- Battery reverse polarity (destructive, fuse is blown)
The charge controller is under active development and you are welcome to participate.
Visit the GitHub page for schematics and board layout.